* All foreign nationals entering India are required to possess a valid international travel document in the form of a national passport with a valid visa obtained from an Indian Mission or Post abroad.
Following are the requirements common for all types of visa unless specified otherwise:
(A) General visa application procedure
1. The Visa applicants (other than those from Embassies and International organizations) should submit their visa applications ONLY at the India Visa Application Centre (VFS Global) at Brussels, office of Antwerp Indian Association (AIA) at Antwerp or office of Honorary Consul General (HCG) at Luxembourg.
2. Visa application form has to be filled online at the link http://www.indianvisaonline.gov.in. Kindly note down the Temporary Application ID number which would enable you to save and continue with your application on a later occasion.
3. Applicants are advised to familiarize themselves with visa guidelines before filling the form.
4. After completing and saving the online form, applicants are required to take a print and sign it, attach 02 photographs (2x2 inches) & supporting documents, and submit the application along with prescribed fees at India Visa Application Centre located at India Visa Application Centre at Brussels, office of Antwerp Indian Association (AIA) at Antwerp and office of Honorary Consul General (HCG) at Luxembourg.
5. To save time, applicants are advised to go to the service provider with prior appointment.
(B) Diplomatic/Official Visas
(C) Important points to remember
1. Visa will be valid from date of issue (not from date of submission of application or date of travel).
2. Applicants are advised to verify their particulars on the Visa sticker immediately on collection of passport.
3. The Embassy of India will not entertain any claim for refund of visa fee or recompense of any loss due to non-grant of visa. Though copy of return ticket is commonly submitted as proof of financial standing, applicants are advised to finalize their travel plan only after obtaining visa because visa is not a matter of right, and visa fees is non-refundable.
4. For extension of visa, or conversion of visa from one type to another, while in India, one must approach the concerned FRRO/FRO (Foreigners Regional Registration Office/ Foreigners Regional Registration Office). Applicants must follow Immigration guidelines on requirements related to registration of foreigners in India.
5. The requirements mentioned for various categories of visas in this section are only indicative and not exhaustive; the Embassy can ask for any additional information/document for consideration of the visa application.
6. Applicants are advised to apply for right category of visa in accordance with the purpose of their visit. Failure to do so would constitute violation of visa norms, and could adversely affect future visa applications. In case the violation is detected while the individual is already in India, he/she could be served Leave India Notice.
7. Information related to Indian Visa is posted on different websites like that of the Ministry of Home Affairs, Embassy of India, the authorized service provider, etc. Discrepancies in regard to information on different websites may be brought to the notice of the Embassy of India. Embassy’s website gives only a general account of the various rules and guidelines, which are subject to change from time to time.Government’s guidelines on the subject, and not the website, remain the final source of understanding on the subject.